Have you thought about relocating to one of Washington’s biggest cities? If you require some assistance with the move, look up some reviews and contact professional Tahoma movers. A good Seattle moving company offers various services that can make your relocation significantly less complicated. You’ll have a lot more time to explore what makes this regional center a great place to live.
The Cost of Living in the City Is Quite Affordable
Tacoma, originally Takhoma or Tahoma, is the county seat of Pierce County, WA. This mid-sized urban port city is the third-largest in the state by population and second in the Puget Sound area, after Seattle. Tacoma serves as a hub for business activity in the South Sound region. Today, it’s considered one of the most livable areas in the US, featuring affordable housing and numerous amenities.
Housing Is Cheaper Even Compared to the State Average
According to AreaVibes, the city’s cost of living is 5% lower than the state overall. The median home value of $212,400 is about 20% cheaper than Washington’s $269,300. At the average asking price of $1,000, rent is about 5% more affordable than the state’s $1,060. The number of owner-occupied households is the same as the ones occupied by renters. If you’re looking to rent, learn all about Seattle renters’ rights before you sign anything.
Compared to Seattle, Tacoma is about 30% more affordable. Housing is the most significant contributor to the difference, and the city’s median price is about 56% lower than Seattle’s $484,600. Renting is 20% cheaper than Seattle’s median price of $1,250. Furthermore, unlike the city of Seattle utilities, most other expenses are in line with the Washington averages. Only the transportation costs are the same, costing about 17% more than the state overall. In general, Tacoma’s prices are in line with some more affordable Seattle suburbs.
Commuting to Nearby Major Regional Centers Is a Breeze
Tacoma is very well connected to other major cities in the area, enabling a fast and easy commute. If you wanted to try the best burger in Seattle, you could do so in about 35 minutes, as the Downtown is just about 34 miles to the north via Interstate 5. Take the same highway 30 miles to the south, and it will take you less than 35 minutes to get to the state capital of Olympia. While Bellevue is a bit farther than Seattle, it will take you about 45 minutes to get there.
Check Out Some Great Amenities in the Area
While living in Downtown Seattle may provide more varied options, Tacoma still offers many exciting opportunities. The next few spots in the area are a must-see:
- Explore the Museum of Glass – This cone-shaped building is very hard to miss. Since its inception in 2002, the 75,000-square-foot art museum has been dedicated to showcasing the glass medium.
- Have a fun day at the Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium – With features comparable to some of the top parks in Seattle, the Point Defiance Park houses this combined aquarium, zoo, and botanical garden. Situated on 29 acres, the zoo houses over 9,000 specimens of 367 species of animals. The exhibit themes reflect the ecosystems from Southeast Asia, tundra, Pacific Northwest and rim, and aquatic environments.
- Check out LeMay – America’s Car Museum Collection – Covering 165,000 square feet of exhibition space, the museum showcases 350 vehicles notable for their technology, speed, design, and their overall importance to the car culture.
- Plan a Mount Rainier National Park hike – It’s good to have a plan in store if you want to go on one of the best hikes near Seattle. The mountain is about 60 miles southeast of the city, and it will take you about an hour and a half to get to the mount basin. Since the national park covers over 370 square miles, repeat visits are likely in place. You can barely see a glimpse of what it has to offer during a single day.
Look for a Local Moving Company in Seattle
Relocations take a lot of time to organize. While DIY is commendable, the chances of experiencing moving stress are far greater. The smartest thing is to contact some local Seattle moving companies. These offer various services that will make moving much less complicated. One such company is our own Seattle Professional Movers. Our team is here to provide you with anything you may need during your move.
Getting a Professional Packing Service Is Essential
With any relocation, packing takes the most time to complete. While DIY is possible, depending on the size of your home, it may take a lot of time and nerves to pack all your belongings properly. Getting professional packing services from our mover in Seattle will significantly reduce the time it takes to finish everything up. Our team will show you some neat moving hacks, which materials to use, and how to pack particular delicate objects. When getting this service, remember that there are some items movers won’t move. You’ll need to deal with these accordingly if the relocation is to continue without problems.
Our Tahoma Movers Offer Various Relocating Services
Depending on the nature of your relocation, companies offer a few different moving services in Seattle. Even one of these options will significantly help with your move:
- Residential Move – Relocating to a new home doesn’t need to be complicated. This option includes packing, as well as an appropriately sized truck.
- Commercial Relocation – Entrepreneurs looking to move their business should do so quickly, as extended downtimes would lose the company a lot of money. Our Seattle movers are here to make sure you’re back up and running in no time.
- Apartment Move – Are you relocating from/to a high-rise apartment? Many cheap movers in Seattle won’t be able to maneuver the narrow corridors these buildings usually have. Luckily, our team has years of experience handling these types of relocations.
- Storage Moving – If you need to place your belongings in a storage unit or get them out of one, you can rely on our storage moving service.
Need Help With Moving Boxes in Seattle? Get Our Labor-Only Service
This option is best suited for customers who already have a vehicle. By getting our labor-only service, all you have to do is sit back and relax. Our local movers in Seattle are there to do all the heavy lifting for you.
Hire One of the Best Moving Companies in Seattle WA to Help You Out
While we started small as a family business, we operate in over 100 locations in and around Seattle. Whether you need to move Downtown or to one of the best suburbs of Seattle, we got you covered. Our clients are more than satisfied with our service, evident by the numerous customer reviews on our website.
Contact Our Movers in Tahoma – Get a Free Quote on Top-Notch Moving Services
During peak relocation season, our schedule can get pretty crowded. If you don’t want to lose your perfect date, book a move as soon as you lock in a place. All you have to do is contact us and get a free quote on our excellent service today.
We had an awesome experience with this company. We needed movers on pretty short notice and they worked us into their schedule. Their rates are very reasonable-especially if you pay in cash. Our movers were Mark, Alex, and Yedil, and they were all friendly and super efficient but still very careful with our things. I still cannot believe how quickly and smoothly the whole process went. Would definitely hire these guys again!
What a great group of guys! Hard workers great attitudes all around nice guys! I appreciate all the hard work and treatment of all my stuff as if it was your stuff! Wouldn't think twice to use this company and this group of guys again! Thanks again guys.
Mark and Alex just moved ALL of my things from Ballard to Queen Anne and they were EXCELLENT! I had this couch in storage that they had to take the legs off of just to get it out of the unit. Then they finagled it into the room somehow - they are moving wizards! HIGHLY RECOMMEND these guys!