Are you thinking about relocating to Kirkland? If you decide to relocate but have no one to help you with the move, we suggest contacting our Kirkland movers. But before you pack your bags and set off, we recommend learning a bit more about your future neighborhood.
Life in Kirkland WA
Located in the King County of Washington, this eastern suburb Seattle area is known for its giant waterfront that hosts many restaurants, art galleries, and a performing arts center.
The city is the sixth-largest in the county and was previously the headquarters of Costco.
It is also considered one of the best neighborhoods in Seattle for families, as it has highly rated public schools and is known for its education system that ranks high above the national average. So if you plan to relocate with kids, this might be an excellent choice!
The Cost of Living in Kirkland
Due to the ideal location, this community has exceptionally high living costs when compared to the national average. The median home value averages around $700,000, while the median rent is around $2,200. It comes as no surprise that the majority of residents own property.
When it comes to utilities, it’s not surprising that they are as just as costly. The city’s utility prices are 23% higher than the average, amounting to around $200 per month. Transportation expenses such as gas or bus fares are also 33% higher than the national average. Overall, if you’re planning on relocating here, be prepared to pay a hefty price. This place is definitely not one of the affordable Seattle suburbs. However, don’t let this discourage you, as there are many benefits to living in Kirkland.
There is a reason that this community is viewed as one of the best suburbs of Seattle for young professionals, as job opportunities here are more than gratifying. The median income is just above $100,000, almost double the national average. Unemployment rates in this city are low, and there are opportunities in many spheres from medicine to engineering. If you’re planning on moving from downtown Seattle to Kirkland, we can’t blame you.
Transportation and Traffic
Since the location is convenient for commuting to downtown, traffic congestion is common, especially during rush hours. The city has King County Metro and Sound Transit Express buses if you plan on commuting by public transport. If you plan on driving, you’ll be happy to hear that the city has several park-and-ride facilities along Interstate 405.
Things to Know Before You Move Kirkland
The town has many things to offer, so here is a small list of what to expect and do around town:
- Kirkland has excellent wineries. If you’re a wine lover, you’ll appreciate the fact that it is close to Woodinville, where you’ll find many fine wineries such as Columbia Winery and JM Cellars.
- Outdoor activities are always an option. If you enjoy nature, this is an excellent place as the city has numerous parks such as Juanita Bay Park and Watershed Park, perfect if you’re moving with pets.
- Enjoy the gorgeous Waterfront. People who live here usually debate whether it is the most beautiful waterfront in the metropolis; you should check out of the fantastic restaurants and cafes and take some time to explore Marina Park and Carillon Point.
Why Choose Our Local Kirkland Movers?
If you want to avoid moving stress and have a peaceful relocation without worrying too much about whether your belongings will make it in one piece or not, we suggest hiring the right Seattle movers for the job. Our Seattle moving company, Seattle Professional Movers, will provide you with the most reliable moving services. Our movers in Kirkland WA pride themselves on excellent and efficient service, as we maintain the best reviewers over the years. Hiring our Kirkland moving company will ensure you a safe and risk-free move.
Services Our Local Moving Company in Seattle Offers
Whether you decide to move by yourself and only need someone to help you with unloading, or you want the whole relocation process off your hands, we can provide you with the appropriate service.
Moving Services in Seattle and Kirkland
Our Seattle moving company offers the following services:
- Local Moving – No matter if you’re relocating down the block, across the street, or the other end of the town, our Kirkland movers are ready to help out!
- Residential Services – If you’re relocating your entire household, don’t worry, we’ll make sure that your furniture remains intact. Additionally, we also offer to assemble all of your items.
- Commercial Services – Plan on relocating your business or just an office? Our local Seattle movers are versed in transporting electronics, as well as entire office spaces. Whether you’re a small business or a corporation, we can handle it all.
- Apartment Moving – We provide apartment relocation services when the move involves stairs, elevators, and challenging parking requirements.
Packing Your Furniture and Belongings
If you feel that packing and unpacking are hectic and assembling all of your items will just take up too much of your time, we suggest getting our packing services. We can provide you with all the essential equipment and ensure that all of your possessions are sealed tightly and protected during transport.
Labor-Only Service by Your Local Mover in Seattle
Maybe you have already secured a truck for your relocation, or you have already packed your belongings, and all you need is someone to help with loading and unloading. You can hire our team of professional and skilled Seattle movers to do the heavy lifting, as we provide labor-only services as well. There is no need to do it yourself when you can hire one of the best moving companies in Kirkland WA.
Request a Free Quote
If you want to have a stress-free move, add hiring one of the top Seattle moving companies to your moving expenses checklist. Contact us to get more information about your relocation and request a free quote.
Mark and Alex just moved ALL of my things from Ballard to Queen Anne and they were EXCELLENT! I had this couch in storage that they had to take the legs off of just to get it out of the unit. Then they finagled it into the room somehow - they are moving wizards! HIGHLY RECOMMEND these guys!
What a great group of guys! Hard workers great attitudes all around nice guys! I appreciate all the hard work and treatment of all my stuff as if it was your stuff! Wouldn't think twice to use this company and this group of guys again! Thanks again guys.
We had an awesome experience with this company. We needed movers on pretty short notice and they worked us into their schedule. Their rates are very reasonable-especially if you pay in cash. Our movers were Mark, Alex, and Yedil, and they were all friendly and super efficient but still very careful with our things. I still cannot believe how quickly and smoothly the whole process went. Would definitely hire these guys again!