Are you relocating to a suburban neighborhood near Seattle? Consider looking up some professional Zenith movers to assist you. These companies offer a free quote, enabling you to plan your budget. Even if you only get one basic service, it will make the whole relocation experience much less complicated and allow you to learn more about your new home.
Zenith Offers Cheap Housing Options Close to Seattle
Before becoming a bedroom community for Boeing staff, the area was used for farming. Founded in 1906, Zenith was independent before finally being annexed by Des Moines in late 1982. Today, the site features affordable housing due to the proximity to the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.
Cheap Housing Is One of the Reasons Why So Many People Are Moving Here
According to AreaVibes, the cost of living in Des Moines is about 14% higher than the Washington average. Housing costs are usually the most significant contributors to higher expenses, but that’s not the case here. The median home value of $266,500 is about the same as the state’s $269,300. Most other expenses, like utilities, transportation costs, services, and goods, cost up to 25% more on average. However, there are no differences compared to the city of Seattle utilities, and other costs are more or less the same. Des Moines is about 16% cheaper than Seattle overall. Housing is the most significant factor, as the prices here are about 45% lower than Seattle’s.
The median rent cost of $1,100 is just 5% higher than the state average, while it’s about 12% cheaper than Seattle. As the state of Washington doesn’t have rent control, learn more about Seattle renters’ rights before signing a lease. Overall, we can safely say that this is one of the more affordable Seattle suburbs.
Commuting From the Neighborhood Is a Breeze
You won’t spend a lot of time commuting, as the neighborhood is very well connected to major regional centers. If you were planning to eat the best burger in Seattle, you wouldn’t have to travel far. Downtown is only 17 miles away, and if you get on Interstate 5 and you’ll be there in 20 minutes. Renton is less than 10 miles away, and it will take you 15 minutes to get there. Kent is even closer, about 5-6 miles to the east. If you’re planning to travel out of the country, the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport is just 2 miles north of the city.
The Area Provides Numerous Outdoor Opportunities
While it may offer as many amenities as living in Downtown Seattle, the area provides a lot of activities for outdoor enthusiasts. Experience some of the best hikes near Seattle in some of the area’s numerous parks:
- Check out the Saltwater State Park – This 137-acre park is a marine protected area, with many species of fish spawning in the area. Its steep ravine is often overlooked, and there are about 30 campsites by the road that follows the creek.
- Visit the Angel Lake Park – Located on the western shore of this L-shaped lake, less than a mile east of the international airport, the park is a popular fishing spot year-round.
- Stop by Grandview Off-Leash Dog Park – If you’re moving with pets, you don’t have to search long to find one of the best dog parks in Seattle in the area.
- Watch the sunset at the Marine View Park – While a lot smaller than most parks in Seattle, it features a great platform overlooking the bay, making for some incredible views once the sun starts to go down.
Look Up Some Seattle Moving Companies
Even local relocations take some time to organize. While DIY is admirable, getting professional help is the smartest option. If you’re relocating in and out of the city, many moving companies in Seattle offer various useful services. One such company is our own Seattle Professional Movers. Our team is here to help you with anything you may need during the relocation process.
Zenith Movers Offer Many Services
Depending on what the customer requests, our company can provide various moving services in Seattle:
- Residential Moving – Avoid employing cheap movers in Seattle when relocating to a new home. With our Seattle moving company on your side, you won’t experience any difficulties during the move.
- Commercial Relocation – Our Seattle movers are here to help any entrepreneurs that need to move their business quickly.
- Apartment Move – If you’re relocating from a high-rise building, then this is the perfect service for you.
- Labor-Only Service – Do you need help moving boxes in Seattle? All you need to do is relax and let our local movers in Seattle do all the heavy lifting.
- In-and-out of Storage Transport – We can transport your belongings to a storage facility of your choice or from one into your new place.
Our Movers in Zenith Provide the Best Packing Services
Most people aren’t aware of the sheer amount of belongings they possess. If you try to DIY, it may take weeks to finish everything. There are more than a few reasons that make packing the essential moving service. Besides freeing up your time, getting a professional packing service will enable you to learn many neat moving hacks that you can use the next time you move.
Hire the Best Moving Company in Seattle
While we started as a small family business about 20 years ago, we’re now operating in over 100 locations in and around Seattle. Whether you’re relocating to one of the best suburbs of Seattle or Downtown, we’ve got you covered.
Contact Our Mover in Seattle and Get a Free Quote
You want to book a date as soon as you find your new address. Booking a move early will enable you to calculate your relocation budget much more quickly. You also won’t need to look for available local moving companies in Seattle, WA, at the last minute, which in itself is quite stressful. Contact our local representative by phone or email and get a free quote on your move today.
Mark and Alex just moved ALL of my things from Ballard to Queen Anne and they were EXCELLENT! I had this couch in storage that they had to take the legs off of just to get it out of the unit. Then they finagled it into the room somehow - they are moving wizards! HIGHLY RECOMMEND these guys!
We had an awesome experience with this company. We needed movers on pretty short notice and they worked us into their schedule. Their rates are very reasonable-especially if you pay in cash. Our movers were Mark, Alex, and Yedil, and they were all friendly and super efficient but still very careful with our things. I still cannot believe how quickly and smoothly the whole process went. Would definitely hire these guys again!
What a great group of guys! Hard workers great attitudes all around nice guys! I appreciate all the hard work and treatment of all my stuff as if it was your stuff! Wouldn't think twice to use this company and this group of guys again! Thanks again guys.