Are you planning to move to one of Seattle’s suburbs? If you need help, look up some reviews and contact our professional Foster movers. They provide many useful services that will make the whole relocation process significantly less complicated. Hiring professionals will also free up your schedule, enabling you to research what makes this suburban neighborhood a good place to live.
How Does the Neighborhood Compare to Other Areas in Washington State
Formerly an independent community in King County, WA, the area was annexed in 1989 and is now a neighborhood in Tukwila. The city is a large commercial center that draws many workers and consumers each day. It features affordable housing, plenty of open areas to explore, and a distinctly diverse community.
Foster’s Living Costs Are More Than Affordable
How does the cost of living compare to other important points in the area? According to AreaVibes, the city of Tukwila’s median home price of $248,600 is about 20% cheaper than Renton’s $313,500. Compared to Seattle’s median price of $484,600, housing is almost 50% more affordable.
Are you looking to rent a place? You’ll need about $1,050 on average, which is about 16-17% cheaper than both Seattle and Renton prices. Interestingly, over 62% of residents chose to rent, far more than in both of the previously mentioned cities. Before you sign a lease on a place, learn everything you can about Seattle renters’ rights. Overall, considering the difference in real estate prices, we can safely say that this is one of the more affordable Seattle suburbs.
You Won’t Spend a Lot of Time Commuting
While Emerald City has an excellent public transit system, one question persists – do you need a car in Seattle? If you want to explore all the exciting things to do in each Seattle neighborhood on your own schedule, getting a vehicle might be a smart choice. This is particularly true for Foster and other suburbs, as it will enable you to travel to other cities nearby much more quickly. Traveling to one of the best suburbs of Seattle, Renton, won’t take long. At only about 5 miles away by multiple routes, it takes about 15 minutes to get there. Though twice as far, it will take you only about 15 to 20 minutes to get to Downtown Seattle.
Diversity Is One of the Area’s Main Draws
Residents living in the area come from various backgrounds, with the community being remarkably racially diverse. Asians make up about 22.7% of all residents in Tukwila. More residents identify as African American than in Seattle overall, 18.7% compared to 7.1%. Native Hawaiians also have a higher presence, with about 3.5%. About 11.1% of residents identify as mixed race and about 1.1% as American Indian. Even the New York Times stated that the Tukwila School District is one of Washington’s most diverse.
Exploring Everything the Area Has to Offer
You don’t have to be living in Downtown Seattle to experience some fun and exciting activities in the area:
- Test your luck at the Great American Casino Tukwila – This NYC-themed casino features various Vegas-style games, delicious Asian food, and live music performances.
- Spend a day golfing at Foster Golf Links – Open since 1925, this revamped 18-hole golf course is great for hosting large events and friendly outings.
- Explore some of the numerous parks in the area – If you’re looking for the best hikes near Seattle, you’re in the right place. The Foster Memorial Park is just off Interstate 5, and the area has more than a few parks that follow the Duwamish River, such as the Tukwila and Forth Den Park.
- Kids will love Tukwila Family Fun Center – This is a great place that the whole family can enjoy. Besides the amusement park featuring go-karts, mini-golf, bumper boats, and many more activities, you can enjoy some delicious food at the Bullwinkle’s Restaurant.
Look Up Professional Foster Movers
Relocations take a lot of time to prepare, which often leads to moving stress. Even people who moved often are not immune, so you should look up some reviews and hire a professional Seattle moving company to help you out. They offer various services that make the relocation process significantly less overwhelming. One such company is our own Seattle Professional Movers. Our local movers in Seattle are here to assist you with anything you may need during your move.
A Reliable Mover in Seattle Area That Provides Many Services No Matter the Distance
Depending on the nature of the move, a customer may request one of the next relocation options from our offer:
- Residential Relocation – When relocating a home, it’s better not to hire cheap movers in Seattle. Reputable professionals will enable you to have the most comfortable experience, and you won’t have to worry about a thing.
- Apartment Moving – Choose this service when you’re relocating from/to a high-rise. Our Seattle movers know how to maneuver narrow corridors generally present in these buildings. Loading the furniture would otherwise be almost impossible.
- Commercial Move – Entrepreneurs that need to move their businesses usually need everything done in the shortest time frame With our moving company in Seattle by your side, you won’t have to wait long before you can resume your operations.
- Labor-Only Service – Need someone to lend you a hand with moving boxes in Seattle? In case you need help loading the truck, all you have to do is sit back, relax, and let us do all the heavy lifting, loading, and unloading.
- In-and Out-of Storage Move – This service is perfect for you if you have some items you want to take out of your storage unit once you move to your new home, or just leave something in storage for a while. We’ll transport them for you in no time from point A to B.
Our Movers in Foster Provide the Best Packing Service
Packing is the most time-consuming part of each relocation. Most people aren’t aware of the number of belongings they have. It may take weeks or months to pack everything by DIY, so the smartest thing to do would be to get professional packing services. Besides getting the highest quality materials, you’ll also learn a few neat tricks, like how to pack glasses for moving. Remember that there are items movers won’t move, and you’ll need to deal with them accordingly. These include toxic materials, flammables, and explosives.
Hire One of the Best Moving Companies in Seattle WA
Our company has had a long and productive track record. With 20 years of experience, we’re one of the most experienced local Seattle moving companies on the market. Aiming to improve upon the whole relocation experience, we always meet all our clients’ needs, with numerous customer reviews serving as proof of our success.
Get a Free Quote on Our Moving Services in Seattle
Having a relocation date in place takes a lot of stress off your shoulders and enables you to properly plan out everything. Specific periods of the year experience more relocation requests, so it’s not uncommon for our schedule to be pretty packed. Unless you want to lose your desired date, contact us to book a move as soon as you lock in your new home. Contact our local representatives, and get a free quote on your move today.
What a great group of guys! Hard workers great attitudes all around nice guys! I appreciate all the hard work and treatment of all my stuff as if it was your stuff! Wouldn't think twice to use this company and this group of guys again! Thanks again guys.
We had an awesome experience with this company. We needed movers on pretty short notice and they worked us into their schedule. Their rates are very reasonable-especially if you pay in cash. Our movers were Mark, Alex, and Yedil, and they were all friendly and super efficient but still very careful with our things. I still cannot believe how quickly and smoothly the whole process went. Would definitely hire these guys again!
Mark and Alex just moved ALL of my things from Ballard to Queen Anne and they were EXCELLENT! I had this couch in storage that they had to take the legs off of just to get it out of the unit. Then they finagled it into the room somehow - they are moving wizards! HIGHLY RECOMMEND these guys!